The members of the Metal Finishing Association of New England and The National Association of Metal Finishers wish to remind you of the established practices of the metal finishing industry in processing your materials. These practices have been formalized and unanimously adopted by the members of this Association and ADTEC II Tampa, Inc. (ADTEC II) as a Statement of Policy. It is generally recognized that even after employing all the science known to us and capable persons with years of training and experience, there still remains hazards in the electroplating and metal finishing fields. As a consequence, in order to avoid misunderstandings, we are hereby setting forth the below conditions under which your material will be accepted for processing:
- Whenever we are given work for processing with detailed instructions as to treatment, our responsibility shall end with the carrying out those instructions. Type of material, tolerance, and specifications for processing shall be declared in writing prior to our processing
- Our liability for any cause is limited to the lesser of the cost of either the direct labor and material of the product damaged by our processing or:
- One times our processing charges for production processes with precious metals
- Up to two times our processing charges for production processes without precious metals
- Compensation will only be given in the form of a credit towards future processing unless agreed otherwise in writing prior to processing the job.
- Liability greater than that outlined in paragraph 2 above will be assumed by ADTEC II only when so agreed upon in writing. In such event, a higher charge may be made for our services
- Parts, materials, etc. as processed by ADTEC II shall be presumed to be accepted as satisfactory by you if we are not notified of damages, shortages or other discrepancies within (10) working days of your receipt of the same. Rejected parts must be returned to us for rework. Further processing or assembly of rejected parts, materials, etc, by you or any other party, shall constitute a waiver of any liability on our part.
- Where operations or processes performed by ADTEC II are in the nature of “salvage” or “salvaging” parts or material, the work is accepted on a “best effort” basis and no liability shall attach to ADTEC II unless previously agreed upon in writing prior to processing the job.
- In the event that results of the material finishing operation(s) are unsatisfactory due to metal imperfections, changes in grade or composition of materials, manufacturing and/or fabrication imperfections, usages for which the plating or other material finishing operation was not reasonably designed, and similar variables over which we have no control, the customer would be required to pay the contracted amount for the finishing operation(s) performed
- This statement of policy supersedes all prior written or verbal terms and conditions. Furthermore, at the time and date material is processed, this statement policy supersedes all other terms and conditions and is the sole document outlining ADTEC II’s terms, conditions, and liabilities under which we will accept material for processing
- All invoices are subject to a 5% environmental fee (to a maximum of $25.00), and will be displayed as a separate line item on each invoice unless otherwise established.
- ADTEC II retains required records for up to 10 years to meet or exceed the requirements of customers.
We trust you will agree with us that the conditions above set forth are realistic and reasonable and that acceptance of the material for processing subject to such conditions will permit us to continue to provide high-quality metal finishing at a fair and reasonable cost.